How to enable Facebook Login Addon?
The following guide is applicable once your Facebook Login addon is already installed in your classifieds script.
- Facebook Login addon requires App ID and App Secret.
- To start with, navigate your browser to the Facebook Developers page. You’ll be asked to login to your Facebook account.
- Once logged in then to begin, click the green “Add a New App” button in the top right.
- After you click “Add a New App”, you’ll be taken to a screen to choose which Platform your app is for — choose Website.
- After choosing app platform, in the next screen; At the top right, click “Skip and Create App ID”
- On next scree, you need to fill out Display Name, Contact Email and Select a Category. You can ignore the Namespace field (if asked) as this is not necessary. After you fill out the requested fields, click the blue Create App ID button in the bottom right corner.
- Once you're in your App page, to retrieve the required information, click Settings from the left navigation panel.
- In your Settings page of your created app, you will find your App ID and App Secret. Retrieve these two information and save it to set in your classifieds site after finished configuring this app.
- In App Domain field, type in your classifieds site's domain name (e.g. your-classifieds.com).
- From the bottom of the Settings page click + Add Platform and choose Website.
- After choosing website, it will give you a field to type in a URL. Enter your classifieds site full URL with a trailing slash at the end (e.g. https://www.your-classifieds.com/).
- Once you enter the required details then click Save Changes in the bottom right corner of the page.
- Now from the left navigation panel, click "App Review" to turn your App into live mode.
- Change the app from its development mode to public (or live) mode.
Now your app is ready for use with Facebook Addon Module installed in your classifieds site. To set your App ID and App Secret in your classifieds site, follow the steps below:
- Navigate your browser to your classifieds site's admin panel (e.g. www.your-classifieds.com/admin) and enter your username & password to login.
- Once logged into your Admin Panel then click General Config (or General Settings for other versions) from the left sidebar links panel.
- You will find two input fields called Facebook App ID and Facebook App Secret. Paste your retrieved App ID and App Secret respectively that you retrieved in step 7 of creating app above.
- Click Update (or Save Settings for different versions).
Upon completing the steps above, your Facebook Login should be running immediately.